If you and your loved ones have been the victims of a house fire, it is imperative to start restoration activities when possible, in order to really get your sense of safety and security back. Here are 10 recommendations on what to do after having a fire:
1) Call your insurance company and inform them of the fire. They will likely send out an adjuster to survey the damage and guide you through the method of submitting a claim.
2) Call a Fire Restoration company. Limpieza despues de incendio Your insurance agent should manage to recommend someone reputable. A fire restoration company can professionally restore your property, including furniture, walls, roof, duct work, etc. They have the knowledge and the expertise of knowing which process works with each damaged item. Irrespective of how handy you may be thinking you’re, self-restoration can in fact make things worse.
3) Locate all important documents and put them in a secure place. Locate insurance papers, birth certificates, health information, etc. Put them in a secure location in your home, where you could access them easily.
4) Take inventory of what has been damaged, what has not. There may be varying quantities of damage – smoke, fire and water. Make a list of what has been damaged; your insurance company will require this. If you can, locate the receipts for each item.
5) Change your furnace filter one or more times per day for the first handful of weeks, until visible soot is fully gone from the filters.
6) Open your windows. This may help remove smoke and fire odors and ventilate your home. It will also help dry things out.
7) Cover all non-damaged furniture with a plastic cover; or consider moving them into storage until your property is fully restored.
8) Wash your clothes making use of your regular washer. That is usually all that’s needed with clothes that do not require dry-cleaning for regular care. Consider hanging them outside in place of making use of your dryer.
9) Dry your carpets using fans and de-humidifiers. If you can, put them outside and lay them in the sun to dry. The longer your carpets stay wet, the more possibility of mold and mildew setting in.
10) Discard all food and drinks that have been subjected to fire, smoke or water. They’re no more safe for consumption, including canned food. Don’t refreeze any food that’s thawed.
A fire restoration company can help make the method easier by guiding you each step of just how, and using their expertise to clear your property of damage due to smoke, fire and water. Count in it to really get your home back once again to normal.